Old 09-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Rev \Fragile Warrior\ Volfie

I have a question: is there any chance that the wildflowers that were mowed
down before their prime might still grow again and bloom this year? Or did
I really lose everything when the Mad Mower struck? If they won't grow
back, I'm going to fix him. I'm going to plant pumpkin vines there instead.
Let's see how he likes looking at THAT all summer.

Giselle (do you think the "accidental" mowing had anything to do with the
fact that he things all perenials are "weeds" and my Tiger Lillies are just
"roadside weeds"?)

For those of you playing along at home, here's what happened:

""Fragile Warrior" Volfie" wrote
Well, here's a sad follow-up: my niece's husband mowed down all my
wildflowers yesterday. The ones I started from seed by hauling buckets of
water up from the pond to keep them moist while they were germinating.
The ones that were just getting buds on them. And the ones I bought from
the greenhouse that we've been discussing. Apparently, being a lover of
annuals bought at Walmart, if he doesn't see petunias and impatients, he
just mows it all down.

Oh, yeah, he even zig-zagged over and got my rhubarb. AND he threw some
rocks (that were marking the wildflower boundries) over into the
established garden and crushed my iris' that haven't bloomed yet.

Giselle (I guess I must have ****ed Mr. Passive-Aggresive off about
something )