Old 09-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Stephen Henning

Courageous wrote:

I wasn't allergic to it either, until about 2 years ago.....and then it
brushed against my arm as I pulled it out with gloved hands. I had it
over my entire upper body by the time it was done with me.

This isn't that unusual. Someone, largely immune to poison ivy or poison
oak, can swing about one day and have a very bad reaction.

For most people, the allergy to poison ivy is acquired. People are
seldom ever allergic on first contact. However, when it does hit, it
can be devastating. Once, one becomes allergic, they stay allergic.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman