Old 09-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Sacha

On 9/6/05 0:43, in article , "Darling Buds"
wrote:

We bought this rose 2 years ago and its doing extremely well indeed. Well
the leaves that is, it doesn't seem to want to flower at all.
its a climbing rose with masses of small double yellow flowers in May but in
the last 2 years it hasn't flowered at all.

Does anyone have any ideas why?
Many thanks
Steve

If you've done any pruning to it, it won't. It flowers on old wood and is
one of the roses that has to be left alone to flower. We have one on the
house wall that is never touched until we can't open the window and then we
cut as few branches out as possible! This year, as always, it has flowered
its socks off and the white variety has surpassed itself and is absolutely
smothered in flowers. It's making me nervous in case this is a final flush
before keeling over. ;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)