Old 09-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Praeclarissimus Camuloduni

I have friends who are in western
biochemical research and i think the crux of the matter was summed up
by one a drug company statistician who said " you tell me what you
want to prove and I'll prove it". If you go into the logics of
statistics you will find very little solid ground.

That is the typical New Age gullibility. If you want to believe in it
then fine. But if you want taxpayers' money diverted to utterly bogus
corporate con-merchants that is another matter.

That sounds like a politicians reply. Classic Doublespeak. You
diverted the statement away from the drug companies and on to some
ethereal conglomerate called 'new age' . My point was also about
"taxpayers money being diverted to bogus corporate con-merchants" Are
you telling me the drug companies are not tweaking statistics
massively in their favour. what about the perks Doctors are getting
for pushing certain Drugs? Check out the rise of Simvastatin and then
check the sites where people report the disturbing side effects, which
I myself encountered. No reports are being returned on those. Doctors
are getting perks for prescribing it so don't want to rock the boat
but they've all had cases of disabling side effects. Then in ten years
or so the S**t will hit the fan and all the facts will come tumbling
out. The Drug company will have pocketed their hefty wack and move on
but some peoples lives will have been in ruins for a long time. I
studied the Logic of science at Middlesex University and I know
comprehensively (what I remember of it) the malleable nature of
statistics - there was no 'new age' back in 1984 so it wasn't part of
their subplot. I also have friends who are Psychologists and research
Doctors (leukemia) who are not so subsumed in the Scientific hype to
be blinded as to what happens.
I am not promoting 'New Age' far from it. just being
truly scientific and recognising there are limits and abuse in all
fields of medical care. 20 years ago the medical Profession told me I
had 5 years to live ....of course that would have been a statistical
assessment.