Old 09-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay contains these words:

I've also got a berberis which isn't particularly pleasing in shape but
makes up for it with flowers, berries and leaf colour.

Did you grow it from seed? Berberis is notoriously difficult to strike
from a cutting, and I've had a layer pegged down for a year and it
hasn't made any root...

This year I've grown a pomegranate from seed - I've seen a bonsai'd one
complete with tiny fruit, so that is something to look forward to.

I'm starting some pomegranates (I hope) and I intend having one in a
sort-of lash-up conservatory, but I had considered the bonsai
possibilities.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/