Old 09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
mbwest mbwest is offline
Registered User

Cool

Thanks again for all those tips, i will take them on board. Off out into the garden now for some more hard work and good news:

The pics were uploaded to this site:

www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenpicsset1.htm

Bad news: I can't actually see them although it took me 20mins to upload.
Good news: here are the individual pics but no commentry or structure to them, they are just in order of when i took them:

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image002.jpg

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image004.jpg

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image006.jpg

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image008.jpg

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image002.jpg

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image004.jpg

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image006.jpg

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image008.jpg

http://www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenp...s/image010.jpg

Here are some notes to go with those pictures:

pic3: Just a picture of most of the rubble.

Pic4: There were three like this at the rear of the garden that had been left un-touched for over 18 months. You can imagine how big the rest of the tree/weed was.

Pic6: Aerial picture of the garden today (09/06/05 – 15:44). You can see another root that I have dug up in the top right of the picture.
The branches and leaves have been cleared from the top right of the picture and now I have half of the slabs ripped up from the garden.

Pic7: Here you can see the soil that was under the paving slabs. To me it looks fairly good from there but a closer inspection would reveal
a great deal of small rocks, glass and plastic and apparently my great great uncle buried a few animals in there including chickens, dogs
and cats. I did recently find 2 bones but I’m pretty sure they are from my late dog’s dinner – Don’t dig too deep.

Pic8: The bricks you can see at the top of the picture used to be a barbeque and to the right of it you can see one of the many garden
Tools I managed to break.

Pic9: What I hope my garden will resemble at the end of all my hard work. The bottom left area will now definitely be a brick wall and I will fill that enclosed area with soil probably for growing veg.
I know the sketch isn’t very technical, it was just so I could keep a picture in my mind of what I am aiming for.

Sorry about having it all soo split up, i'll try and get it into a proper gallery/website soon.

Hope you like the pics and find them useful if you have any queries just let me know

Also remember there are no pics of what it originally looked like, don't be fooled by thinking pic1 was the start

I just tried that original site again:

www.mmmmm165.plus.com/gardenpicsset1.htm

and it appears to work, it just takes a long time to load as there are 4 pictures on it, there is also a link to the 2nd page at the bottom with the other 5 pics on it.

So maybe click the link and go and make yourself a cup of tea and when you come bac maybe it will bo done, although maybe not.

It appears to take ages on mine if it appears at all and im on 512k broadband.

Oh, i also have two video clips of a tour of the garden which i wil try and upload soon.