Old 09-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Steveo

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"bb2004" wrote in message
Looking at picking up a used MTD riding mower from a guy in the paper.

It's either a 1997 or 1998 model, side discharge.

My question: If I get this machine, will a new mulch kit ordered from

Lowe's
fit this bad boy? Or do I need to hunt for something from a comparable

model
year?

THANKS

Forget about a "mulch kit" - just a waste of time and money. Just mow
with the damn thing. What does the Lowes kit consist of ? Maybe a 2nd
blade and a chute block LOL. Lowes is fairly easy about returns. If
you insist on a mulch kit just buy the damn thing and if it doesn't fit,
you must acquit - er, I mean, take it back. Otherwise we need the model
#'s / size of the MTD and the Lowes kit you are looking at.

Yep, the mulching will only work if you cut at least twice a week, when the
grass is dry. (no dew)