Old 09-06-2005, 10:29 PM
D.D. Palmer

Pittsburgh. Ah, so they have to produce flowers first. I never grew peas
before...I didn't know that. Rochester is probably similar to Pittsburgh.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
I planted peas around May 1st (late, I know) and now they are 2 feet tall
vines. But where are the peas? I thought they'd be like beans with beans
all the way up. I see NOTHING. What's going on here?

I'm in Rochester NY, zone 5, and I planted mine on April 11th. I planted
two kinds: Tall climbing type (snow peas), growing on a 4' tall piece of
fence, and regular peas, the kind you can grow using 1' twigs for support.
Neither has flowers yet. The taller type looks like it's ready to start
producing any day now.

Where do you live?