Old 10-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Elaine T

Hmm I have a 35gal tank, so the 16oz would last me 6 months?
Is this a good estimate?
At $8 a bottle it doesnt seem expensive?

I know little about diy co2, how long would a 2L pop bottle last?
And how do I know how to regulate the amount of co2 in the tank?

The constant checking to make sure ph doesnt swing too much?

excel just seems an easy solution.

Maybe it's not more expensive... Sugar and yeast are so cheap, I just
assumed it would cost more. Maybe not for a small tank.

I think I was getting about 2-3 weeks of fermentation out of my 2l pop
bottles, and I just used a little clear plastic cup turned upside-down
to trap a bubble of CO2 underwater near the filter where water flowed
past. When the cup didn't stay full of CO2 any more, I replaced the
bottle. I never had big pH shifts - maybe 0.3 units so I didn't worry
too much about testing.

My plants sure love the combo of Flourish Excel and Flourite - that's
for sure!

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__