Old 09-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Jim Lewis

Craig Cowing wrote:
It's hot here. I suppose I won't get any sympathy from the southerners
on the list. Today hit 94F, the next few days are supposed to be about
the same. I watered twice today and plan to do so until the heat breaks.

If my cacti could talk they'd tell me they feel right at home.

94 degrees will always elicit sympathy. That's hot --
hotter, in fact, than anything we have had here, so far.

If I remember your bonsai area, there's not a lot of shade.
I seem to remember a tree in front, but . . . Anyway,
I'd water as early as possible in the morning, and then at
about 5 p.m. Watering during the hottest part of the day
can cause plants to wilt. It's temporary, but they do often
droop. I think it's because they don't like hot water on
their leaves. ?????

We had a thundershower at 2 p.m. Now (a little before 5:30)
several of my trees are droopy -- oddly, most are tropicals,
though the flowers on my one late-blooming azalea are
wilted, too. Those too will perk up.

Cheer up. At least you shouldn't have those temperatures
every day from July through early September.

Also, you have a brewmistress right there in the house, so
just pop open one of those home-brewed cool ones.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++