Old 09-06-2005, 07:00 PM
raycruzer

-snipped-

RAIt's true that any plant can be a weed, but the reverse is also true, that i
RAwe can redeem our weeds if we identify their value.

RABest of luck in your weed / plant identification quest.

(Different stalks for different folks 8-)

I understand the much dispised dandylion is not native to
north america; it was brought here by some of our anglo-saxon
ancestors who felt it had medicinal attributes (I had an
uncle who made an interesting wine from it 8-).

Ciao, Ack.

---
# SLMR 2.1a # "We know too much and feel too little." Bertrand Russell
* Origin: BBS Networks @
www.bbsnets.com [8010] (8:8/62)

The dandelion was also accepted as a potherb centuries back. Although
largely rejected in home gardens, today the dandelion is known to be
good forage on the ranges, and is especially relished by sheep and
cattle.

I picked up some of this information from the book "Weeds of the West".
You can find out more about dandelions and other weeds in other weed
identification references as well, many of which are listed on EWIRM.

As good as they may be, don't feel guilty about pulling them out of
your lawn, 'cause you know they'll survive our rejections quite well.

Ray
EWIRM: Know your weeds to control your weeds!