Old 10-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Higglity

David,

I brought a sample to my local nursery. She said that I had scab, and
some type of fungi. She claimed that the weather turned to hot and
humid so quickly that it stressed the plants. I guess this makes sense,
what do you think?

Anyway, this is what I did:

1. cut out all the dead/black wood. Including any spotted/dead leaves.
2. Sprayed it heavily with copper-based fungicide oil.
3. Heavily sprayed the sorrounding ground with oil, too.
4. Gave the mostly likely to survive, of the stressed two, 2 gallons
of root stimulator.

I had to cut-back the weakest holly so deep that I am thinking of
replacing it with a new one. But it's wood is still green just no stems
or leaves. This far into the season, is it possible for it to gain buds
and new leaves before winter? I live in Maryland, Frederick Cty.

Do you think I should still go ahead with the heavy water spraying?