Old 10-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Mike

"RWL" GeoLane_NOSPAM_ @evenlink.com wrote in message
There are areas of divided highways
where PenDOT has planted wildflowers in the median. Where they've
done this, there's a nice colorful mixture early, which later is
dominated by Cosmos. In subsequent years only the purple coneflowers
seem to return. I went down the strip of Rt 15 south of Selinsgrove
today where they've done this in years past, but I didn't notice if
anything was growing in the median besides grass this year.

I've lived in several states and PA does seem to be distinct in this way. I
spent a week in West Texas and that is the only place that approaches PA.

On the to do list over my recent vacation was to initiate a frivolous
lawsuit against a government agency. It was to read Me vs. Hawaii state
Dept of Transportation. Je Accuse the director of phytocide. Never quite
got around to it.