Old 09-06-2005, 04:17 PM
George

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Gale Pearce" wrote in message
well I use a bacteria additive all season long which helps and mine
has
died
back a lot in the last few days, if not completely gone - if you
haven't
tried that it might be worth a try
Gale :~)

I'm in Southern Ontario. I never really has a String Algae problem
until

the
end of last summer. My lilies were doing fairly well, but have slowed
down

bit. They may need some plant spikes.

What's the bacteria you mentioned?

As George mentioned, there are many brands of Bacteria additives
available -I have used Bacta Pur Klear for 8 yrs now - a 1 liter bottle
does
my ~1000 gal pond for the season at a rate of 1.5 - 2 oz/wk until Sept
Lilies - I have read over and over here how some people have profuse
flowering of their lilies without fertilizer and decided to try it one
year - I only got 1 or 2 flowers open at the same time w/ small lily
pads
and went back to my pond tabs the next year - 2 to a pot every 6 to 8
wks I
am currently at ~ 40% surface coverage with pads and today have 4
flowers
open (first ones)
Good Luck Gale :~)

Thanks Gale & George. I picked up some Aqua-Zyme, so we'll see how it
goes.

You are welcome. Always glad to help. The key to using that stuff is
patience. It could take up to a month to see beneficial effects, but it
will eventually work well for you. Just be consistent with its usage.

GeorgeGood things come to those who wait