Old 10-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Koi-minator

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Any one ever feed their koi trout food? I have noticed several people
have stated they feed catfish food to their koi with no adverse
affects.

$ I learned about the other fish foods from a member of the Nashville Pond
Club. My fish have been thriving on them, plus some kitten and puppy chow.
Only the baby fish get the expensive stuff because I am unable to find other
foods small enough for them.

My next door neighbor just bought a 50 lb bag of trout pellets
for about $25.00.

$ Catfish food runs about $11 per 50 lbs bag where I live. Ornamental fish
foods runs $4.00 a lb and up here. They really fleece the koi and GF
owners.

He is interested in trying it out because the the
high protein content (apparently it is around 40%)
Thanks for the feedback.
W. Dale

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...