Old 10-06-2005, 02:59 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

You're going to get several answers that trout and cat food is fine. But if
you were to do a little reseach on this you'd find that not only is koi
food better for koi, it is better for your pond and filter. Keep in mind
you're keeping pets not food fish, and that is what trout and catfish
(usually) are. Keeping them healthly long term is not what those foods are
designed for.

To each their own, but I feed mine Sho Koi and Manda Fu. ~ jan

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:23:58 -0600, Wilmdale wrote:

Any one ever feed their koi trout food? I have noticed several people
have stated they feed catfish food to their koi with no adverse
affects. My next door neighbor just bought a 50 lb bag of trout pellets
for about $25.00. He is interested in trying it out because the the
high protein content (apparently it is around 40%)
Thanks for the feedback.
W. Dale

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~