Old 09-06-2005, 04:39 PM
JB

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:16:15 -0400, "Harold Walker"
wrote:

I don't mind the capital cost, I'll quite happily bear that, but
its the running cost that I object to I was working on the assumption
that in order to compensate for a lack of summer sunlight I would need
to provide the equivalent of about 1 kw / m2 which rapidly gets too
expensive. How large an area can you grow under a 125w setup?
JB

With my set up I can cover an area of 2 1/2 feet by 8 feet when connected to
the overhead track which moves the light back and forth....when in this mode
I use 20 hours per day...when stationary it covers 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 but a
little more if using the outer zone for low light stuff like lettuce....H

Sounds like a good setup! The overhead track sounds like a
particularly good idea to triple the area the light covers. I may
resurrect my early and late season produce.

JB