Old 10-06-2005, 02:17 PM
mark Bannister

mos wrote:
I wasn't allergic to it either, until about 2 years ago.....and then it
brushed against my arm as I pulled it out with gloved hands. I had it

Yep, same thing happened to my 70 year old mother. Hospital, steroids,
the whole lot.
Don't take this stuff for granted. I know people who can't go into
their yard. The slightest contact causes a life threatening reaction.

Don't use round-up near water. If you do use it, it helps to apply on
cloudy days. Sunlight breaks it down quickly.

Remember that even dead, dried up poison ivy can cause a reaction. (Of
course never burn it.) Clean tools/gloves with bleach water. (I once got
some inside my tennis shoes. Every time I wore them I got it between my
toes. Now every time I get it, it pops up there.

Stop it young if possible.

mark B.