Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Alan R Williams

Harold Walker wrote:

[snip]

Shudda mentioned before....cost effective? ....growing toms in a
greenhouse???? how many pounds sterling to buy the
greenhouse????????plus.........how many hobbies are cost effective?

I think knitting can be. My mother used to knit very complicated
patterns extremely fast. She could do an Arran (sp?) jersey in less
than a day, where a less intricate, poorer quality one will sell in the
shops for £100+. I'm not sure you should even cost her time as she used
to do it while watching TV.

Anyway, is it even possible to buy food that tastes anywhere near as
good as home grown veg?

Alan