Old 10-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

I agree with Jane. Bought the B&D cordless, tried it on the allotment,
wasn't convinced, swapped it for a cheap petrol strimmer and am quite
happy, it does the job with power to spare.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid

Well, I've not opened the box, so I ought to be able to swap the trimmer
for a petrol one at B&Q. I can see myself doing that.

I agree with the others, I too have bought cordless in the past and they
do not do the job, go for petrol I am sure that you will be doing the
right thing.

kate

Ryobi do a nice split shaft petrol jobby for 89 quid which you can add
bits onto and make it far more useful than just a strimmer.