Old 10-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Steveo

"bb2004" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"bb2004" wrote in message
Looking at picking up a used MTD riding mower from a guy in the
paper.

It's either a 1997 or 1998 model, side discharge.

My question: If I get this machine, will a new mulch kit ordered
from
Lowe's
fit this bad boy? Or do I need to hunt for something from a
comparable
model
year?

THANKS

Forget about a "mulch kit" - just a waste of time and money. Just mow
with the damn thing. What does the Lowes kit consist of ? Maybe a
2nd blade and a chute block LOL. Lowes is fairly easy about
returns. If you insist on a mulch kit just buy the damn thing and if
it doesn't fit, you must acquit - er, I mean, take it back.
Otherwise we need the model #'s / size of the MTD and the Lowes kit
you are looking at.

Yep, the mulching will only work if you cut at least twice a week, when
the
grass is dry. (no dew)

interesting. why is that, exactly?

I should preface that to say 'on my lawn'.. which is irrigated 2 inches per
week. There's too many clippings unless you are using a commercial grade
mulching machine, and even the commercial cutting guys will tell you their
not in love with the mulching mess. The side-discharge will disperse the
clipping's better.

I run the baggers and recycle it into mulch for the back forty borders.