Old 10-06-2005, 05:30 PM
bb2004

Take it on the road. You're too funny to be kept a secret on this board.

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"bb2004" wrote in message
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"bb2004" wrote in message
Looking at picking up a used MTD riding mower from a guy in the

paper.

It's either a 1997 or 1998 model, side discharge.

My question: If I get this machine, will a new mulch kit ordered
from
Lowe's
fit this bad boy? Or do I need to hunt for something from a

comparable
model
year?

THANKS

Forget about a "mulch kit" - just a waste of time and money. Just mow
with the damn thing. What does the Lowes kit consist of ? Maybe a
2nd
blade and a chute block LOL. Lowes is fairly easy about returns.
If
you insist on a mulch kit just buy the damn thing and if it doesn't

fit,
you must acquit - er, I mean, take it back. Otherwise we need the

model
#'s / size of the MTD and the Lowes kit you are looking at.

Yep, the mulching will only work if you cut at least twice a week, when
the
grass is dry. (no dew)

interesting. why is that, exactly?

"Exactly" ?? What do you think this is - Hertz ?