Old 10-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Lukas Louw

I should preface that to say 'on my lawn'.. which is irrigated 2 inches
per
week. There's too many clippings unless you are using a commercial grade
mulching machine, and even the commercial cutting guys will tell you their
not in love with the mulching mess. The side-discharge will disperse the
clipping's better.

I run the baggers and recycle it into mulch for the back forty borders.

I've also been mulching with the mower, but if the grass is a tad too long
or wet, such as after a couple of days' rain, it doesn't work too well, and
the mower will leave clumps of clippings on the lawn, and the grass those
areas tend to die. There must be a tree hugger somewhere in my family tree,
as I had always thought mulching the clippings back onto the lawn is good,
but there are too many drawbacks in reality.

So what is a good simple composer to do something with bagged clippings
instead of putting them out with the garbage which seems to be a true waste?

Lukas