Old 10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
We have millions of ant colonies in our yard - in NW Indiana. They
have spread everywhere. To give you an idea we have a 1.5 foot wide
round planter they invaded and they have about at least 1.5 dozen
colonies/hills in it. The same ratio goes for the five acres around
our house. I have tried spraying but they just come back after a few
weeks - it does not kill many of the nests. These ants are the
harmless midwest small red ant colonies you see all over the midwest
but they are in my yard in plague proportions. We have always had
this issue and it is getting worse. Our yard used to be a alfalpha
field but that was 5 years ago. Any clue what I can use to at least put
a dent in these pests. I obviously do not want to get rid of all of
them and I know they are good for the ground and harmless BUT when you
cant even drive the mowing tractor in the yard because the millions of
2"-3" high ant hill bumps makes it impossible to drive with any speed
whatsoever there is a problem.

Thanks

Rick

Check your phone messages. Has Stephen King called and asked if you wanted
to be in his next horror movie, which, coincidentally, involves ants?