Old 10-06-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Planted before preparing soil

At the last minute we decided to plant some vegetables and we had a
pretty decent sized area set aside, 25 by 10. Before we finlly
decided to actually do the vegetables, we weeded, put down some top
soil and put down so grass seed. Then we saw that there was decent
sun but not all day, due to trees and our house blocking some areas.

The key is we didn't really do too much soil preparation. No
rototilling, no mulch, fertilizer, compost or manure. I scraped the
area with that square tool and got rid of any extra weeds and I keep
scraping to get rid of the grass. We planted tomotoes, peppers,
basil, cabbage, eggplant, thyme, cucumbers and red onions. We raised
the heads of the two sprinklers to about 3 feet nd we have the water
go on for 20 minutes at 4:00 AM every day.

I have to continually scrape the soil to get rid of weeds and grass
that come up. I have to prune some of the trees to get more sun and I
usually Miracle Grow Spray every 7 to 10 days. Is there anything else
I can do to the soil now, after the fact, that will help the plants
grow?

Thanks so much,

xx