Old 20-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Hydrangea - No Flowers

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:35:55 +0100, Alan Terry
wrote:

In article , Tony tony-
writes
For the 2nd year running, my hydrangea has not flowered.

This is a big improvement on most I have seen ;o)

Does anyone else here hate hydrangeas as much as I do?

Most of the versions I see the flowers are a mess and the foliage is
ugly [though I don't find the single coloured pale blue ones so bad!].

Everyone to their own, of course, but is anyone one my side on this?

Yes, me. For some peculiar and no-doubt Freudian reason, they make me
think of those very large waitresses in mop hats that you see at
places like the Munich beer festival, carrying five huge glasses of
foaming lager in each hand supported on their ample bosoms............

Oh yes; hydrangeas. Dug out about a dozen big ones from our garden
over the last two years. One bit of root that I missed still keeps
putting up suckers. I didn't know they did that! That particular plant
had huge off-white heads, many over 15 inches across. Very
Bier-Keller!
--
Chris
De-* virgin for e-mail reply