Old 10-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Padger

"MM" wrote in message
Been away for a few days and the lawn is now covered in long-ish
grasses! When I go over with the hand mower, these foot-long blades of
grass are simply pushed flat, then spring up again after an hour or

Snip
If you don't want to invest in a decent machine then why not just get a
gardener to cut it for you to get you back to normal height. Should only set
you back £10.00 - £12.00 depending on amount of work etc.
Btw I have used my hedgetrimmer to cut long grass and that is a pro
poletrimmer with adjustable blade but best bet is a decent strimmer followed
by mower.