Old 11-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Dick Adams

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Ben said:

a weed but I've never seen it before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...geplant001.jpg

It looks like it could be wild parsnip. But it might be some
other member of the Parsley family, many of which are poisonous.
(This plant family is notorious for the many members which can
cause photosentivity when the sap gets on your skin, so handle
with caution.)

It definitely looks like wild parsnip to me. It is a very
dangerous weed and should be on the noxious weed list. It
is far worse than poison ivy. I had some in a wooded area
behind my house. I sprayed it with poison ivy killer several
times and then covered the area with black plastic.

This URL has photos of wild parsnip and the severity of burns
it causes.

http://www.wnrmag.com/stories/1999/jun99/parsnip.htm

Dick