Old 11-06-2005, 01:13 PM
David Bockman

Ed Clarke wrote in :

So I was at my local nursery today looking for sweet 100 tomato plants
when I came across a huge hanging petunia - gotta be three feet across.
$29.95 later it's hanging by my front door and I'll get the tomato plants
tomorrow.

It's absolutely gorgeous with lots of dark violet flowers and I'd like
to keep it that way. The hanging pot that it's in is plastic. Any hints
on care for something like this? Water it once a day? Fertilizer? I'm
located about forty miles north of New York City in Zone 5.

Once a day seems reasonable in hot weather, maybe even twice a day. You
just have to be vigilant until you get to know the plant's needs. Pinch out
spent blossoms for constant reblooming. In terms of fertilizer, you could
water with any reasonable liquid fertilizer (Peter's 20-20-20, Miracle-gro,
fish emulsion, etc.) a couple of times during the growing season and it
should be fine.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums