Old 11-06-2005, 08:53 AM

I'm having squirrel trouble on my 3rd floor balcony. They jump from an
adjacent tree.

I don't have herbs or vegetables, just plants. They have been digging
up my New Guinea Impatiens, hostas and coleus. I hate them

I went to a garden store today and she recommended a powder made from
coyote urine. Unfortunately, this was $21 and seemed a bit too much
for my little container garden. She also recommended blood meal (which
is also a fertilizer) which I decided to try at $4 a bag.

A friend has a neighbor who is a hairdresser. She saves "nasty" hair
(hair from clients that is oily, dirty, etc.) and puts it around her
tomato plants. I asked my hairdresser for some "nasty" hair today and
he said that his clients all use so much fruity smelling stuff on their
hair that it would probably encourage the squirrels.