Old 11-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Michelle Moreland Orlando

Default Newbie Needs Help!

Please guide me through this-two of my dendrobium orchids I "rescued"
from the grocery store have finished blooming and I need to know what
to do with the stem in cutting it? After the flowers were spent and I
took them off as they were wilted and dead and the remaining ones were
still on the stem, now the stems have no flowers.

Do I cut the stem all the way down to the leaves or just at where the
first bloom first started and bloomed?

Leaves are beautiful green and growing especially on the first rescue
the second only has three leaves but green.

Thank you for any help. If these survive with my black thumb I will
kiss the blooms and leaves! Grin. My Christmas Cactus have survived
with my black thumb and continue to bloom every year at Christmas so I
must be doing something right.

Anyone here "talk" to their orchids"?

Michelle