Old 11-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Stephen Henning

"Boots" wrote:

What is a good insect spray to keep on had for this plant?

I raise lots of rhododendrons and azaleas and never spray. The most
common insect problem is Weevil damage. It occurs at night when the
weevils climb out of holes in the ground and eat the edges of the
leaves. It doesn't hurt the plants but is unsightly. A little
tanglefoot applied to the stems of the plants keeps the weevils away.
My website mentions many other problems. They should not be addressed
until they occur. Most are cultural rather than insects.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6