Old 10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Dave

Ed B writes
What happened to your Hebe, Ed? Any news?!

Still looking very poorly. Not sure what to do. It is definitely
growing and the new leaves look healthy, but the rest look awful.
Unfortunately I've been really busy and havent been able to get any
feed. It's had plenty of water, but nothing else. Should I take a photo
and email it to you?

What sort of hebe is it?

I think I have five types here. The red edge is OK but has some yellowey
browney leaves near the top, and the stems are falling outwards to mass
up nearer the ground. I suppose eventually it will be a solid mass of
leaves, or I hope so. I had one die back quite a bit after I moved it,
but it recovered.

I have a hebe Caledonia (fine purple leaves and mauve flowers) which
looks a little strained this year, maybe the colder winter weather is
not doing it any favours. It suffered when it was east facing and rather
exposed, so I transplanted it to a south facing wall a few years ago and
it has been fine for the last few years.

The others I'm not too sure of their names, but they are well sheltered
and growing fine.
--
David