Old 11-06-2005, 10:38 PM
W.D.

Default can I still overseed in Atlanta?

I successfully turned my weed-choked front lot into a healthy (though
temporary) lawn last Fall via RoundUp followed by seeding with a winter rye,
which took nicely. Knew the rye would die in the Atlanta summer heat so
overseeded at the end of April with Scott's new blend of tall fescue & heat
tolerant Kentucky Bluegrass. Unfortunately, I was traveling for most of May
so couldn't tend the lawn properly and, despite lots of rain, the
heat-resistent fescue never germinated properly.

Should I try to overseed one more time w/the heat resistant fescue/bluegrass
blend? Should I try something else (if so what)? Or should I wait until
September again and start over? I would prefer not to have to seed every
year so I'd like to get something down that stays and is well-suited to full
sun. Thanks for any suggestions!

W.D.