Old 11-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Gary

Maybe I'll try that coyote urine thing too! I have similar problems
with squirrels eating the tops off my new plants. Also later in the
season, they like to eat (or take bites out of) my tomatoes, squash,
and even the hot peppers. I've tried a variety of "nice" and
"not-so-nice" approaches, but nothing has worked so far.
I put chicken wire down to keep the cats (including my own) from
digging up my newly planted rows, but the squirrels don't seem to mind
crawling over the wire to chomp on my veggies.
It's looking like, since I'd get arrested for firing a shotgun in the
neighborhood, my alternatives are boiling down to live traps and free
rides down the road for the little %$#@!s.
Gary