Old 11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
greengoddess

Default Large ants all over our house, esp the kitchen

For the last month we have had these large black ants (~1/4 inch)all
over our house, esp the kitchen. Note: these are not the 20 foot long
ants, they are very easy to kill & are not a problem anymore. We put
down these "CVS ant control" system traps but they haven't had any
effect. I lived in NYC apartments for many years & used to have roach
problems that were frequently (always!!) severe. At that time I tried
boric acid but it did absolutely nothing. I think they had the stuff
for breakfast. With the introduction of the "COMBAT" traps in the late
70 or early 80s, the roach problem disappeared & I mean disappeared.
That stuff is effective. We now live in a house, still in NYC. I've
seen boric acid recommended for ants in this group. Does it work? Any
other ideas?