Old 11-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Lloyd Olson

"greengoddess" wrote in message
ups.com...
For the last month we have had these large black ants (~1/4 inch)all
over our house, esp the kitchen. Note: these are not the 20 foot long
ants, they are very easy to kill & are not a problem anymore. We put
down these "CVS ant control" system traps but they haven't had any
effect. I lived in NYC apartments for many years & used to have roach
problems that were frequently (always!!) severe. At that time I tried
boric acid but it did absolutely nothing. I think they had the stuff
for breakfast. With the introduction of the "COMBAT" traps in the late
70 or early 80s, the roach problem disappeared & I mean disappeared.
That stuff is effective. We now live in a house, still in NYC. I've
seen boric acid recommended for ants in this group. Does it work? Any
other ideas?

Find out if they are caprenter ants. If so, you'll need professional help.
Normal methods won't even slow them down. LTG