Old 11-06-2005, 11:57 PM
lgb

In article ,
says...
Why is that my garden does
fabulously & never requires ME to get a respirator, moon suit, & five
kinds of toxins to spray about? God loves me but hates you? I'm lucky,
you're not? Or are we both experiencing the results of our own actions?

Well, take the elm beetle larva. The first few years I thought it'd go
away and I did nothing. The elm leaves were nothing but ribs. Then a
systemic was applied. It worked, but I thought it was overkill. The
next year I did nothing again, and again I had ribs for leaves. Since
then I've watched for the first ones to appear - they overwinter in the
ground (maybe as eggs) and emerge along about now - I'd better remember
to check.

So I waited for mother nature to solve the problem - didn't work. Sevin
does. That's good enough for me.

BTW, I use absolutely no chemicals on my vegetable garden other than
Miracle Grow. In that case the benefits aren't worth the risk.

We can have this argument forever. I'll never convince you that
different situations require different solutions (pun intended) and
you'll never convince me that chemicals are the work of the devil. So
that's the end of it for me.

I never should have made the original post - I knew what the response
would be.

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever