Old 12-06-2005, 12:00 AM
lgb

In article ,
says...
In article , lgb
wrote:

For example, Sevin, which is quite toxic, is the only thing I've found
that will knock out elm beetle grubs before they deleaf my elm trees. I
wear coveralls and a respirator when I use it, usually once a year.

You posit a worst-case scenario of thrips stripping
elms, yet you can't kill elm thrips without also killing a whole array of
beneficial insects thus making the environment MORE inviting to thrips for
the next cycle.

I say beetles, you say thrips - IOW, you didn't read my post very
well before your knee jerk response. Figures.

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever