Old 12-06-2005, 12:19 AM
enigma

Katra wrote in
:

In article ,
" wrote:

I have a 30' x 40' garden.
Holy cow...I can't keep up with the weeds! I bought a
Mantis mini-tiller hoping that it would at least take care
of the weeds between rows, but it doesn't. It disturbs
them, but leaves most of them rooted.

Whew...the weeds are a real deterrant to the garden
experience.

My wife is milking this whole "I'm 9 months pregnant"
thing, so she's no help. :-)

If your wife is 9 months pregnant, she has no business out
in the hot Texas sun and humidity weeding... Don't be an
ass.

i dunno... i got more weeding done when i was 9 months
pregnant than i have since. once i got down to weed level it
was too hard to get back up again
seriously, i think he was making a joke there.

Forget the tiller. Hand pull them. Wetting the garden down
well first will help.

actually those little tillers just stir up more weed seeds to
sprout. hand pull what you can & lay weed barrier, cardboard,
or mulch heavily between the rows. eventually the weeds will
get the hint.
lee