Old 12-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Ray

Phalaenopsis don't have "sheaths." The produce buds on the inflorescence,
Depending on the age of the dwindling flower, it could be perfectly normal.
One also doesn't "dead-head" them. As the blossoms fade, go ahead and pluck
'em off - they'll fall off anyway.

"boothbay" wrote in message
I've had it now about a month. It came with 2 white 'flowers' and one
(?sheath). Is that what its called where future flowers eventually bloom?
Anyhow, I noticed today that one of the flowers seem to be dwindling. Is
this normal? If so, should I dead head it and give more strength to the
"sheath" to develop more quickly? Is that how it works? I fertilized it
with 15-30-15 1/4 strength.