Old 11-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Reel McKoi

"not very clever" news at snorkerz.com wrote in message
I have a new pond (approx 5000 litres) with a pump/filter system with a
capacity up to 12000 litres.

I intend keeping Goldfish in it once everything is balanced out.

Would seashells (cockle) be okay in the base? I have read somewhere that
they are made of calcium which might be a problem - or would the filter

sort
that out?

Thanks for your help:-)

I've used them in fishtanks (alkaline fish only) without a problem.
Goldfish and koi are not acid water lovers so there shouldn't be a problem.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.