Old 21-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Alan Gould

Default Cause of curdless caulies?

In article , Chris Webb
writes
what should I do next year? I also have some very healthy purple

sprouting
broccoli, but no purple sprouts. Should they have appeared by now? If so
again what is my error?
TIA
John T

Sorry, no answers, but I have a similar problem with my Brussels sprouts -
some are _blown_ with sprouts like flowers, and others with no sprouts at
all.

We had an almost total failure with purple sprouting broccoli this year,
yet all our other brassicas, including sprouts have done very well. I
think that the unusual weather patterns have upset some plant varieties,
especially those which are sensitive to planting times. Yet our
perpetual spinach (leafbeet) is robust and productive, and that can be
very touchy about sowing date. There's nowt so odd as plants!
--
Alan & Joan Gould, North Lincs.