Old 12-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Ann

"Mark" expounded:

I have had crabgrass before in lawns and easily killed it with
a spray. This looks similar. However, whatever it is grew very
tall (12 to 14 inches) -- after I sprayed it, I waited for it to die
and most of it did not do so. Since I have never had a major crabgrass
problem before, and the crabgrass was always in a lawn where it never
had the chance to grow, I can't definitely say it is crabgrass. Also,
I would add that when an experienced gardener visited my house on one
occasion, she referred to it as crabgrass. I'll make an effort to
specifically identify the plant, but in the meantime, I would
appreciate any suggestions as to how to control crabgrass or quakgrass.

I'm not a sprayer, I'm a weeder and a cultivator. I'd hand-weed it,
no matter which one it is.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts