Old 12-06-2005, 03:24 AM
sherwindu

Hi Bob,
I maintain my Redhaven and Elberta Peach trees by giving them a fungicide and/
or dormant oil spray before blossom set. After petal fall, follow through with a
general orchard spray, unless your trees are attacked by something very nasty.
I give the trees a cover of mulch and composted fertilizer in the fall. You can give
the trees something like Miracle Grow during the growing season. I'm in zone 5,
midwest, but the same holds for your region. Follow the directions on the spray
bottles, and wear protective clothing including a breather mask when spraying.

Good Luck,

Sherwin D.

Starbob wrote:

Hi All;
I recently planted a few peach trees and was hoping someone might
be able to give me the low down on when the best time to fertilize is
and what to use. Also, what bugs/diseases should I look out for and how
can I treat them.
In case the answers are dependent on region, I'm zone 6 in the
Northeast. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. Cheers-