Old 12-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Reel McKoi

"robv60" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, rear pond still isnt clear. Just for the heck of it, I purchased
an identical UV(half as many watts though @ 9 watts) for my front pond.
Just hooked it right up and didnt worry about the "proper
flow-through". Well, needless to say the front pond cleared up
completely in less than 48 hours. This wasnt even ran a continuous 48
hours. I had cut it off to clean the quilt batting and forgot to cut it
back on when I left for work. So....I have since put the smaller unit
on my back pond to see if itll do anything. Maybe this will let me know
if I have a bad bulb in the larger unit. We'll see....Also added a
prefilter around the pump, thats all i had for filtration on the UV
unit in the front pond and it seemed to work well enough.Now, if I can
just get my beautiful fish to move so I can see them in my clear water,
that would be great. They just keep hiding all the time.

Keep us updated on this UV light business. I wouldn't doubt now that you
may have a defective unit. If the second unit cleared them up as fast as
it has - then that may be the problem. Most are guaranteed so you can get a
refund or another unit.
My ponds have cleared up on their own after the breeding frenzy and peasoup
phase. I have Tetra UV lights but haven't used them in a few years.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.