Old 12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Robin

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi, I have a 12x7x2 pond approx 1150gal. Water looks good
and fish seem healthy but i have a problem of not getting
enough surface coverage from plants to ward off all the
sun. The pond gets a solid 8hrs of full sun. I have three
hardy water lily plants and some hyacinth and water
lettuce but they don't seem to be spreading as good as I
thought. And there are some marginal plants too.
Temporarily i have an beach umbrella over a section to
help cover it. Any other suggestions? Thanks.......

Try Mosaic lilies. They grow very fast, are quite hardy,
and provide good cover.