Old 12-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Bill Stock

"Paul" wrote in message
Yes, seems like the fish are using them for a snack. Just thats the way it
goes?

The trick is to outnumber them (fish). The more WH you have, the less any
one plant will get abused. Although I'm not sure it's possible to outnumber
Koi/GF with Duckweed. They seem to have a never ending appetite for this
stuff.

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:22:55 -0400, "Paul" wrote:

Hi, I have a 12x7x2 pond approx 1150gal. Water looks good and fish seem
healthy but i have a problem of not getting enough surface coverage from
plants to ward off all the sun. The pond gets a solid 8hrs of full sun. I
have three hardy water lily plants and some hyacinth and water lettuce
but
they don't seem to be spreading as good as I thought. And there are some
marginal plants too. Temporarily i have an beach umbrella over a section
help cover it. Any other suggestions? Thanks.......

At this point, probably patience. All the above will grow, especially if
they're nice and green right now (not looking sickly). Check the roots
of
the WH to see if the fish are eating them and slowing their progress. ~
jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~