Old 21-10-2002, 07:57 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Hydrangea - No Flowers

Alan Terry wrote in
:

Subject: Hydrangea - No Flowers
From: Alan Terry
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening

In article , Tony tony-
writes
For the 2nd year running, my hydrangea has not flowered.

This is a big improvement on most I have seen ;o)

Does anyone else here hate hydrangeas as much as I do?

Most of the versions I see the flowers are a mess and the foliage is
ugly [though I don't find the single coloured pale blue ones so bad!].

Everyone to their own, of course, but is anyone one my side on this?

Yes, I hate 'em. Though I must admit to having a great pink-headed mophead
in the front garden: I've cut it down to ground level every year since we
moved in and the damn thing still flowers: I can't stop it. Will probably
have to bite the bullet and actually dig it up at some point but was hoping
not to have to as the soil is pretty much stones with dirt in round there.

--
Victoria Clare
gardening high up in South East Cornwall