Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Mike

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
Can any kind soul tell me if it is possible to hire a machine that would
cut a series of shallow grooves/channels in a concrete floor and if so
would I - a fairly fit OAP - be able to use it or would I need to find
a man that can :-)

kate

My advice, as a fairly fit OAP, is get a man who can. He will have the
proper tool/s for the job and charge for the experience, wear and tear on
tool and take any risk.

If you hire a tool, (I don't know how neat you want the grooves) then you
will be charged for 'reduction of length' of the cutting tip, especially if
it is a diamond tipped wheel. Some of these machines use a water cooling
spray both to cool the drill and keep the dust down. I hired a diamond
tipped big drill to fit my shower waste. I wish I had a man who did :-((

Think twice

and then think again

Mike

--
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea